The Ramones Get Reinvented For Kids
Not one, but two separate albums can appeal to a new and much younger generation of Ramones fans.
According to Go-Kart Records, on Brats On The Beat: Ramones For Kids the Gabba Gabba Hey Singers have "kidified" 12 classics. All the songs feature kids singing background as well as various punk vocalists on lead. A portion of the proceeds will go to St. Jude Children's Hospital.
And if parents are looking to soothe their babies and the traditional lullabies just aren't cutting it, there is another Ramones option out there. Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of The Ramones is a more soothing option of Ramones hits. Put out by Baby Rock Records, the label notes, "The Ramones sang about brats, babysitters, and believing in miracles. Is there any doubt the band didn't want to grow up?"
Here is the tracklist for Brats On The Beat:
1. Blitzkrieg Bop - Jim Lindberg (Pennywise)
2. Rock 'N' Roll High School - Matt Skiba (Alkaline Trio)
3. California Sun - Brett Anderson (The Donnas)
4. Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio? - Greg Attonito (Bouncing Souls)
5. Suzy Is A Headbanger - Nick Oliveri ( ex-Queens Of The Stone Age)
6. Rockaway Beach - Blag Dahlia (The Dwarves)
7. I Just Want To Have Something To Do - Emily Wynne-Hughes (Go Betty Go)
8. Spiderman - Ash Guff (Guff)
9. We Want the Airwaves - Spooney (Gabba Gabba Heys)
10. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker - Josie Cotton
11. Cretin Hop - Tony Reflex (Adolescents)
12. Bop 'Til You Drop - Jack Grisham (TSOL)
And Rockabye Baby
1. Rock 'N' Roll High School
2. I Wanna Be Sedated
3. Blitzkrieg Bop
4. I Just Wanna Have Something to Do
5. I Wanna Live
7. Teenage Lobotomy
8. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
9. Beat On The Brat
10. Judy Is A Punk
11. Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio?
12. We're a Happy Family
Writer: Meghan Wubs