Snow Patrol miss shows because of airport alerts

Published: 2006-08-15
Irish rockers Snow Patrol were forced to cancel the first few shows of their North American tour due to delays at Heathrow airport in the UK.

According to a statement on their website on August 11, "Due to the recent terrorist alert at London Heathrow yesterday, which has caused continuation of delayed and postponed flights through today, we regret to inform you that Snow Patrol will not be able to perform two scheduled RADIO shows this weekend. 40% of Snow Patrol made it into the country while the other 60% got stopped coming from Norway to Heathrow and were unable to complete their journey to the states due to missing connection flights and non availability flights to Portland and Seattle."

Two shows were cancelled, the August 12 show in Auburn, Washington and their August 13 show in Portland, Oregon. The band will pick up their tour behind their most recent record Eyes Open in Boston on August 15.

They also have a few Canadian stops when they return to North America later this fall:

September 12, Montreal, QC - Metropolis
September 13, Toronto, ON - Kool Haus
September 21, Vancouver, BC - Pacific National Exhibition

Writer: Michelle Garcia

   

 

Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_is_registered() in /home2/soulshi/public_html/news/newsarticle.php on line 513
Please login / register to post a personalized comment, or you may simply post as an Anonymous user.
SPEAK OUT! Post your comments about this article here.